E-commerce websites are among the fastest growing on the web. Not only do they make it possible for you to collect payment for goods or services sold, but they are also a great sources of revenue for businesses both small and large. When designing your own site it is important that you also make it secure for users, the more secure a buyer fees when using your website the better the chances of them returning.
Designing your own e-commerce website will allow your site to be functional and allow for visitors to purchase items or services directly from your website. E-commerce websites are becoming more valuable for businesses who are trying to succeed on the web. Here are some tips that will help make your e-commerce site more successful.
1. The first you will want to do is to purchase a domain name that is relevant to your business. You will want to choose a name that is both memorable and easy for a user to find. Choosing a name that directly relates to your line of business will make it easier to find. You should also stay away from creative spelling when choosing your domain name. The closer it is to the actual name of your business the better.
2. Once you have chosen a domain name, the next step is to choose a web-hosting provider. There are both free and paid web-hosting services available. It is up to you to determine how much space your website design will require and to choose a web-hosting service that offers you sufficient storage space.
3. Now, you will want to make access to your server as limited as possible. This can be done by choosing a very strong password that is something that only you will know. No matter how strong your web-host is, choosing a weak password can compromise not only you and your information but the information of your customers as well. Choosing a password that contains both letters and numbers will make it that much harder for someone to figure out and gain access to your site.
4. The next step in creating a secure e-commerce website is to set up a payment processor so that you can accept credit cards on your website. Two of the most popular payment methods in use are PayPal and Google Checkout. If you choose a payment processor other than those two make sure that it is well-known and secure. The more familiar a customer is with your payment processing system the safer they will feel using your website.
5. The final step in the design of your e-commerce website is to test and debug your site to ensure that users have a pleasant experience when using your site. This process includes testing all links on your site to ensure that they are not broken and that they take the visitor to the correct location.
Designing your own e-commerce website is something that the smallest business to the largest business on the internet should do. And remember, the more secure a user feels on your website the more repeat business you will have.